Citibank is the consumer division of Citigroup, one of the largest financial services companies in the United States. It currently has around 2,700 branches and locations in 19 different countries. The U.S. businesses are mostly concentrated in 6 metropolitan areas, including Miami, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York City.
Citibank offers many credit card options with different features and benefits. Once you have applied successfully and received your card, it is necessary to activate it and start using it for payments.
Keep reading this guide to learn how to activate your new Citi credit card online.
How to activate your new Citi credit card online
It is simple to activate your new Citi credit card online. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Visit the official website for activating Citi cards at citi.com/activate
Step 2: Enter the number of your Citi card without dashes or spaces
Step 3: Click on “Continue”
Step 4: Log in your online Citibank account with a User ID and Password
Step 5: Choose “Services/My profile”
Step 6: Choose “Card activation”
Step 7: Choose your card name to activate
Step 8: Wait a few seconds until Citibank send a notification via email or SMS to announce that you have successfully activated your card
Important information that you should know
There are a few important things that you should know when activating your new Citi credit card online:
– To ensure the security for your online account, avoid using a shared or public computer with entering your credit card, debit card, or ATM number as well as other sensitive information
– In addition to online activation, you can also activate your new Citi credit card by sending an SMS to the customer service or download the free Citi Mobile app and follow the instructions
– Keep in mind that card activation via the SMS is only applicable for domestic, meaning that you can send the SMS with an American number. Activation via the Citi Mobile app and online site is applicable for both overseas and domestic
List of the relevant links
Here is a list of several relevant links that everyone should keep in mind when activating your new Citi credit card online:
– Official website of Citibank:citi.com
– All Citi credit card options: www.citi.com/credit-cards/compare/view-all-credit-cards
– Contact information: online.citi.com/US/ag/contactus
– Frequently asked questions and help center: online.citi.com/US/JSO/portal/smartSearch.do