Tricare is the healthcare program run by the United States Department of Defense Military. It guarantees and provides a lot of health benefits for uniformed service members, retirees, as well as their families all over the world. Tricare includes comprehensive coverage and policies to all beneficiaries: dental plans, prescriptions, special programs, and health plans.
Tricare Select is a free-for-service plan for active duty family members, retired service members, as well as their families. It is designed for different groups with various benefits.
This guide will show you how to get to know your Tricare Select plan.
How to get to know your Tricare Select plan
It is simple to how to get to know your Tricare Select plan. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Tricare Select plan at tricare.mil/select
Step 2: Choose “Find a Tricare Plan“ on the right area
Step 3: Follow the on-screen prompts to answer some relevant questions
Step 4: After answering all of the questions, the site will suggest a suitable Tricare Select plan for your condition. Click on the link to learn more about it
Important information that you should know
There are a few important things that you should know when getting to know your Tricare Select plan:
– With a Tricare select plan, you would choose your authorized provider and be in charge of your health care. In other words, the plan works as a preferred-provider organization
– The Tricare Select is eligible to active duty family members, retiree family members, retirees, qualified former spouses, recipients of Medal of Honor and families, survivors, and retired guard or reserve members over 60 years old and families.
– Keep in mind that active duty service members are not eligible for the program
– You need to pay a fixed fee or copayment under Tricare Select for most outpatient services. If necessary, you would get care from an authorized non-network provider. However, you need to pay the cost-share for these services. Out-of-pocket expenses can vary, depending on the military status of the sponsor
List of the relevant links
Here is a list of several relevant links that everyone should keep in mind when getting to know your Tricare Select plan:
– Official website of Tricare: tricare.mil
– Technical support: tricare.mil/ContactUs/SecureLogin/TechnicalHelp
– Address to file a claim: tricare.mil/ContactUs/ClaimsAddresses
– Frequently asked questions: tricare.mil/FAQs
– Contact information: tricare.mil/ContactUs