SunPass is the electronic system for toll collection in Florida. It was created and managed by the Florida Department of Transportation in 1999. This platform makes use of lane equipment and RFID transponders mounted on the windshield. SunPass is completely interoperable with other systems, including MDX toll roads, LeeWay, O-Pass, as well as E-Pass.
Every driver can easily register and use the services of SunPass online within a few simple steps.
Keep reading our guide to learn how to register and use SunPass.
How to register and use SunPass
Below are a few simple steps to help you register and use SunPass:
Step 1: Go to the official site of SunPass at www.sunpass.com
Step 2: Click on “My Sunpass”
Step 3: Choose “Need online access to your account?”
Step 4: Enter the transponder or account number and your ZIP code
Step 5: Click on “Submit” to continue
Step 6: Follow the provided prompts to create your new SunPass account
Step 7: Use the new information to log in your SunPass account
Step 8: On the main dashboard, choose the features you want to use and click on them to start
Necessary information that you need to know
Before you start registering and using SunPass’s services, there are a couple of important things to keep in mind:
– If you do not set up a password and username during the account enrolment, then you would do so when registration with the transponder or account number and the ZIP code
– In addition to online registration and management, you can download the free SunPass app to access your online account at any time. It is available on both Android and iOS
– By using the SunPass’s services, you can enjoy the lowest amount of tolls
– SunPass works on all toll roads in the state of Florida and most of the bridges. This includes the Florida Express Lanes. It is also effective in North Carolina and Georgia, with more other states are coming soon
– You can purchase SunPass at all service plazas of Turnpike, service centers of SunPass, gas stations, welcome centers of Florida, rest areas, visitor centers, as well as the offices of the county tax collector.
List of relevant links
Below is the list of some relevant links that you need to know when registering and using SunPass:
– Overview of the SunPass program: www.sunpass.com/en/about/program.shtml
– Frequently asked questions: www.sunpass.com/en/support/faq.shtml
– List of contact information: www.sunpass.com/en/support/contactus.shtml
– User Manual: www.sunpass.com/en/common/docs/SunPass_User_Manual.pdf