Google Meet is an online platform developed by Google. Along with Google Chat, it is one of 2 apps that constitute Google Hangouts. First launched in 2017, Google Meet provides video communication services for up to 30 people. It is available on iOS, Android, as well as web. Users can purchase G Suite Business to enjoy more features and benefits.
If you are looking for a free video communication service, then Google Meet is worth trying.
Keep reading this guide to learn how to use Google Met.
How to use Google Met
It is very simple and quick to use Google Met. Here are a couple of steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official site of Google Met at meet.google.com
Step 2: Click on “Sign in” on the top right corner
Step 3: If you have not had a Google account, then click on “Create account” and follow on-screen prompts to create a new one
Step 4: Log in your Google Account
Step 5: Click on “Join or start a meeting”
Step 6: Click on “Add people” and add other people to your meeting
Step 7: Now you are in a video meeting with your friends or colleagues
Important information that you should know
There are a few important things that you should know when using Google Met:
– To use the advanced features of Google Meet, you need to purchase the G Suite package. Some benefits include recording, live streaming, and larger meeting up to 250 people
– In addition to the online site, you can also download the Google Meet app free on both iOS and Android to join and create a new video meeting
– It is possible to add a video meeting on Google Meet to a Microsoft Outlook email or event by using the add-in called Google Met for the platform
– Only people with G Suite accounts can create a new video meeting. For participants, you do not need to have a G Suite account. Anybody outside or inside of the organization would join by entering the meeting ID or choosing the link. However, outside guests must be approved by a participant
List of the relevant links
Here is a list of several relevant links that everyone should keep in mind when using Google Met:
– Official website of Google Met: meet.google.com
– Help center: support.google.com/meet
– Community: support.google.com/meet/community