The Registry of Motor Vehicles is a division of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, which oversees transportation registration and licensing, aeronautics, public transit, and roads in the state of Massachusetts. The agency is responsible for processing motor vehicle registrations and driver’s licenses.
Everyone can access the motor vehicle services online to register their new vehicles or get a new driver’s license. This can help save a lot of time and effort for both sides.
Keep reading our guide to learn how to use the Massachusetts motor vehicle services online.
How to use the Massachusetts motor vehicle services online
It is simple to use the Massachusetts motor vehicle services online. Below are a few steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles Division at www.massrmv.com
Step 2: Scroll down and choose “Online Service Center”
Step 3: Select the service that you need from the provided list
Step 4: If you have not had a RMV account, then follow the provided instructions to create a new one
Step 5: Log in your account with the registered account
Step 6: Depending on your chosen service, the on-screen instructions can vary. Follow the prompts to complete the process
Important information that you need to know
There are a few important things that you should know when using the Massachusetts motor vehicle services online:
– With the online platform, you can complete up to 40 different transactions. This can save a lot of time and effort visiting the Registry of Motor Vehicles office
– You can create a new account at the online platform of the Registry of Motor Vehicles to save your personal information. This would speed up the payment processes and other procedures in the future. Some other benefits of having an online account include viewing the available online service transactions and details or choosing from different vehicle and license service transactions
Below is a list of some relevant links that you need to keep in mind when using the Massachusetts motor vehicle services online:
– Official website of the Registry of Motor Vehicles Division: www.massrmv.com
– Official website of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation: www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-department-of-transportation
– Locations for the services: www.mass.gov/orgs/locations
– Online service center: www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-registry-of-motor-vehicles/locations
– Forms, applications, and manuals for different transactions at the Registry of Motor Vehicles: www.mass.gov/rmv-forms-and-manuals