Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical organization that focuses on clinical research, education, and practice. It has around 4,500 scientists and physicians, along with more than 58,400 allied and administrative health staff. Each year, Mayo Clinic spends more than $660 million on research with around 3,000 full-time research staff.
The symptom checker is an online tool provided by Mayo Clinic. Everyone can use it to find out the underlying cause of their health issue.
In this article, we will show you how to use the symptom checker tool at Mayo Clinic.
How to use the symptom checker tool at Mayo Clinic
Below are a few simple steps that you need to follow to use the symptom checker tool at Mayo Clinic:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the symptom checker tool of Mayo Clinic at www.mayoclinic.org/symptom-checker
Step 2: Choose your symptom from the provided list
Step 3: Choose some specific factors and levels of intensity for your symptom
Step 4: Click on “Find causes”
Step 5: After a few seconds, the tool will show you several conditions or diseases that would cause your health issue
Step 6: Click on each condition to learn more about the triggers, symptoms, and treatments
Necessary information that you need to know
Before you use the symptom checker tool at Mayo Clinic, here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
– The list of symptoms is not the same for adults and children
– You need to check on at least three factors to ensure a more precise result on the final diagnosis
List of relevant links
Here are a few relevant links you need to know when using the symptom checker tool at Mayo Clinic:
– Official site of Mayo Clinic: www.mayoclinic.org
– Patient visitor guide: www.mayoclinic.org/patient-visitor-guide
– Contact information: www.mayoclinic.org/about-mayo-clinic/contact
– Resources and support: www.mayoclinic.org/resources-support