TomTom is a Dutch developer and creator of many location technologies and consumer electronics. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the company introduced its first products for satellite navigation in 2004. Since then, it has been quickly developing into a larger firm with around 5,000 employees today. TomTom is present in more than 30 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Americas.
Every TomTom user needs to register their device and link it to an online account before using it.
Read on the following short guide to learn how to set up and use a TomTom device online.
How to register and use a TomTom device online
It only takes you a couple of simple steps to register and use a TomTom device online. Below is all that you need to do:
Step 1: Visit the official website for registering a TomTom product at Tomtom.com/getstarted
Step 2: On the drop-down menu, choose the product of TomTom that you need to register. Another option is to type the exact name of your product
Step 3: Read and follow the provided prompts to create a new online TomTom account
Step 4: Enter the newly registered username and password to log in
Step 5: Provide information about the product
Step 6: Choose “Submit” to finish the activation. Now you can use your device for many purposes
Step 7: Go to the support center to download the product’s user manuals. You can read and follow the provided instructions to use your new product
Other information you need to know
Before registering and using TomTom product, here are a few important things to know:
– The guide above only shows general steps. Depending on your device, the specific details of each step can vary. Make sure to follow the tutorials or manual guides to prevent any issues from occurring
– During the registration, your device will be automatically linked to your TomTom account. This would make it easier to use other services and benefits
– The official site offers many how-to videos and tutorials to help you learn how to use the product more quickly and effectively
List of relevant links
Below is a list of some relevant links that you should know when registering and using TomTom product:
– Official site of TomTom: www.tomtom.com
– TomTom support center: us.support.tomtom.com
– User manuals for TomTom products: us.support.tomtom.com/app/results/filter/manuals/gh/accesspanel
– Discussion forum: discussions.tomtom.com/en
– List of contact information: us.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_US