Xfinity Mobile is an MVNO or mobile virtual network operator on the network of Verizon Wireless. It was launched in 2017 by Comcast, which is the largest internet service provider in the United States. The service is often promoted as a part of the quadruple play, along with Xfinity home phone services, internet, and television.
If you choose Xfinity Mobile for your phone, then it is necessary to activate the service before using it.
Read on the following short guide to learn how to activate Xfinity Mobile online.
How to activate Xfinity Mobile online
It only takes you a couple of simple steps to activate Xfinity Mobile online. Below is all that you need to do:
Step 2: Enter your Xfinity username, mobile, or email and password
Step 3: Click on “Sign in”
Step 4: Now you can see your phone details and number on the main dashboard, choose “Enter Details”
Step 5: Provide information about your Xfinity mobile, including full name, account number, address, billing PIN, city, state, ZIP code, and the last four social security numbers
Step 6: Turn your mobile phone off
Step 7: Choose “Activate” to finish the activation
Other information you need to know
Before activating Xfinity Mobile online, here are a few important things to know:
– The waiting time to activate Xfinity Mobile can vary, depending on your number is a new or a transferred one. In general, it takes around 10 minutes
– As said in step 6, make sure to turn your mobile phone off during the activation. Otherwise, you cannot complete this process successfully
– Before you want to transfer the phone number from another carrier, Xfinity Mobile might require your account number and PIN. You can learn more about this information by using the app of the former carrier
– Keep in mind to check whether you have installed the SIM card in the phone. Samsung and LG devices are usually delivered with already installed SIM cards, while iPhones usually provide separate SIM cards. Therefore, iPhone users should insert their SIM cards before starting to activate Xfinity mobile
List of relevant links
Below is a list of some relevant links that you should know when activating Xfinity Mobile online:
– Official site of Xfinity: www.xfinity.com
– Official site of Xfinity Mobile: www.xfinitymobile.com
– Xfinity Mobile support center: www.xfinity.com/mobile/support
– Frequently asked questions: www.xfinity.com/mobile/frequentlyaskedquestions